Especially the visible legs in 1st person view add to the parcour movements and overall the game feels much more "complete" now. Here are some impressions of a bot-match I had earlier on:
- Vanity items and improved colours: dress up and frag with style.
- Visible legs in first person: know where you are kicking and parkouring.
- New and revamped maps: bringing you even more variety.
- Better viewing: level flythroughs, improved third and first person cameras.
- Better menus and other HUD elements: easier to see and read at a glance.
- New weapon: Mines add a new dimension to the existing gameplay.
- New mode: attack and defend in Gauntlet, competing for the most laps.
- Automatic demo recording: for those times you just have to watch it again.
- User Accounts: donate or contribute, and wear the in-game supporter badge.
- Improved weapon balance and gameplay rules, bugs fixed, and much more.
The bad news is that we missed Xonotic's third birthday, but you can still congratulate here (where you can also read about some pretty cool updates to the game). To celebrate it, kojin made a nice frag movie: