Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Playing the first Apricot demo

The first playable demo of Apricot has been released! I am able to play it! (with low low low quality settings - Hint: disable shaders.) You have to get a recent "Apricot" Blender build from GraphicAll, then download this .blend file, open it with said Blender build and press "p". That's it! Sorry for spamming the blog with news related to that project lately, I think it's interesting... :)



Edit: An unofficial OpenArena 0.8.0 pre-release was posted. Testing it is encouraged, so that the official release can become a great one. I must admit that two months ago I thought that OA was probably the ugliest of the interesting games with QuakeI/II/III-engine roots. Now I know that it's getting prettier and prettier every now and then with new maps and models.


The GearHead 1/2 homepage has been updated a while ago. It now looks pretty pretty and has a sexy RSS feed. The GearHead games are Roguelike titles (which I find not that cool) involving Mechs (which I find cool) of the Japanese kind (meh). Totally unrelated: a webcomic based on the games' setting has started.


PS: In case you are interested in using glc as a game recording tool on GNU/Linux systems, this Arch Linux newsletter contains some usage hints for the cool application.

4 comments:

ThatJerk said...

Great news Q! Just laking an opinion about said game (apricot). Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

why did you announce 0.8.0 news? It's not even a real release with actual 0.8.0 stuff. It does not need to be publicly announced. We don't need any more whines BAWW INVALID FOLDER etc from version conflicts.
You should remove that OA news.


Thanks for the unwanted attention.

qubodup said...

you're welcome

qubodup said...

In case anyone has been following my comment replies, I suppose s/he noticed me getting more & more self-righteous. Shame on me.

I changed the OA text a little. I hope you think it's for the good.

I can't understand how you don't want attention though. Would you prefer to only have tech-savy users to test these kind-of-pre-release-builds?

Provide feedback:

Due to SPAM issues we have disabled public commenting here.

But feel free to join our forums or easily chat via IRC with us.